As I’ve mentioned before, I spend an ungodly amount of time on the internet. I’m beginning to wonder at which point I sold my soul to pictures of kittens at 2 am. (I’m guesstimating it was at some point last year when “funemployment” became “shoot-me-in-the-face-I-want-a-new-pair-of-shoes-employment.”) And you know what? The Internet seems to really hate gingers. For no reason at all! I’ve read that they have no souls, they are out to get the world, and that they have a spreadable freckle disease.
But you know what? I think that’s wrong. Here’s a completely unresearched list of why gingers are awesome.
1. My brother is a ginger and a park ranger. Which means gingers are in fact SAVING the world.
2. My friend M. makes Glamour magazine extra beautiful. Which means gingers are making the world a prettier place.
3. Christina Hendricks.
4. Emma Stone. (Note: She’s not an actual ginger but she chooses to be a ginger. And if beautiful, funny people want to be a ginger, that means something you guys.)
5. Celebrities are dip-dying their hair pink. And isn’t pink really just a softer ginger? (Yes.)
6. Freckles are sexy. (Except on my ex-boyfriend.)
7. I “know someone who” once drunkenly made out with a ginger. She hasn’t gotten freckles yet. (It was me.)
8. Gingers stand out from the crowd.
9. Gingers don’t look so great in orange which may end the orange bridesmaid dress horror for many women around the world.
10. I’ve always wanted to be a ginger. And since I’m expert in everything about everything in life, you should take my word for it.
You can contact Sarah, the author of this post, at firstname.lastname@example.org.